Our client is a Do Gooder!!!
They are a non profit organization that provides amazing community services, jobs/skills training and support throughout the Greater DC area.
They operate 20 retail stores to provide the funding for these fantastic services and programs. There is a current and immediate need for an Assistant Store Manager in Centreville, VA!
Come be a part of something great! Seeking experienced, collaborative, high volume retail managers with experience in team building, training, merchandising, staff development, store operations and customer service.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are an organizational leader responsible for creating a high performing work environment that results in positive associate experiences, excellent customer service and an overall successful operation that supports the mission. Managers model passion for work, strong positive leadership skills and are effective coaches to their direct reports. Managers are expected to understand store and divisional objectives and to meet established goals including revenue, profit and expense control. This position has the authority to recommend and make decisions on hiring, coaching and discipline.
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Directing Others
- Displays Good Decision Quality
- Hiring and Staffing
- Utilizes Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Technical and Functional
- Develops Direct Reports and Others
- Key Responsibilities:*
- Assists the store manager with the overall operation of the business unit.
- Develops, coaches and trains all direct reports in the business unit.
- Helps to create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service to internal (associates, peers, other departments) and external customers (donors, shoppers, community partners).
- Makes recommendations for hiring and evaluating of associates on the team.
- Assists the store manager in performing the daily administrative/clerical functions of store operation
- Provides exceptional customer service to customers, to include resolving customer concerns.
- Fulfills the duties of store personnel only if needed.
- Models, monitors and enforces compliance with company policies and standards.
- Monitors sales transactions associated with purchases and ensures proper sales procedures are followed.
- Maintains the general appearance of the store and premises according to agency standards.
- Assists in the enforcement of store safety and security procedures and ensures safety procedures are enforced on an ongoing basis. In some stores, may act as safety captain.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility:*
This position has supervisory responsibility for associates including Team Leads.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one to three years previous management experience in retail or similar service oriented business or environment (e.g. military experience).
- Basic math and computer skills (ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets understand computerized time and attendance, understand POS systems etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing in a clear manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible days and hours. Schedule must be flexible to meet the needs of a seven day per week business.
- Personal vehicle to transport store receipts to the bank.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- Fluency in a language other than English