Our client is a growing ecommerce lifestyle brand who is undergoing a strong retail expansion program!
You must be all about leadership and customer experience in an entrepreneurial environment.Locations are a combination of retail store and bar with a strong premium on customer experience!
AND…you must be comfortable being around cigars because that’s their gig!
Compensation is in the 60-70k range plus bonus.
To oversee all aspects of day to day operations including but not limited to: employee development, processes and procedures of a cigar retail store, and full service bar. Responsible for ensuring that store functions are completed including, budgeting, forecasting, store events, ordering, receiving, stocking, merchandise, staffing, training, cash handling, shrink control and enhancing customer experience.
Bar manager, retail supervisors, inventory specialist and all other personnel indirectly.
- Establish organizational goals, performance objectives, guidelines and best practices.
- Oversee all store operations based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization.
- Oversee, assist, and supervise all department supervisors and managers in planning and performance.
- Provide a model of supportive and participatory leadership promoting the
- concepts of team building and empowerment.
- Maintain and exceed set guidelines for customer experience.
- Participate in and oversee the preparation of all annual budgets.
- Oversee the monitoring and managing of all labor and other controllable expenditures within budget.
- Understand and utilize the financial tools and reports available to support operations.
- Help direct and maintain inventory, product mix, and merchandising
- Review Alcohol and Food ordering and pricing processes to maximize sales.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintain strict cashier accountability, key control, scanning accuracy and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Work directly with the accounting department to evaluate retail store objectives, payroll trends and inventory variances.
- Monitor overall store conditions to meet customer service objectives and budgetary goals.
- Proficient at bar management, service levels and trends.
- Work with merchandising department on executing store design and merchandising plan.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Oversee all mechanical, cleaning, supplies, food and beverage contracts and supplier relationships.
- Help direct and maintain inventory, product mix, and merchandising standards.
- Work with events team on planning and execution of retail and bar events.
- Design, develop, and maintain a store that is well merchandised and
- customer friendly.
- Evaluate and identify customer service needs and develop necessary training to ensure that retail and bar associates provides an outstanding customer experience.
- Monitor key indicators to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Work with the Human Resources Generalist to develop a comprehensive Human Assets Strategy.
- Hire management staff and oversee hiring of all other staff.
- Develop and maintain a system of staff feedback designed to facilitate communication within and among departments and participate in direct one-on-one performance feedback with supervisors and staff as necessary.
- Help facilitate the flow of information among staff.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices in compliance with legal company requirements.
- Help develop staff for division and company growth.
- Perform employee evaluations on a monthly basis.
- Understand, implement required programs, manage and monitor compliance with applicable federal and state health and safety laws.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in and follow all organizational safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that the store provides a safe work environment for all staff and customers.
- Coordinate store information with design for website.
- Plan and manage store promotions.
- Design and maintain a marketing campaign within budget to maximize local involvement and increase sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Hospitality Services or equivalent (work experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- 5 or more years of retail, hospitality, and management experience with operating, capital and cash budgeting.
- Leadership experience of managers and others with hiring, training, evaluating, compensation and corrective action.
- Working knowledge of store point of sales systems and computer literacy.
- Respect and support for the process of working with a publicly held company.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and make tough decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Commitment to company values and principles.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year