Our client is a Do Gooder! If you want to work in an environment where you are making a tangible difference in the community, this is the place!
They are a non-profit organization that runs multiple retail locations to fund great educational and job training programs for the communities they serve. They accept donated merchandise and re-sell in a clean, well merchandised, big box environment.
Seeking a hands on Retail Store Manager with experience in running a big box store in excess of $4 million per year.
Base salary range of $55k-65k per year plus quarterly bonuses and comprehensive benefit package.Typical work schedule of Tuesday through Saturday.
- Maximize store sales by providing customers with a high level of service and by using sound merchandising and display techniques.
- Maintain accountability for cash register operations, all monies received, daily bank deposits, sales receipts and inventory; ensure protection of assets from either internal or external losses.
- Recommend and implement store annual budget; manage operation to ensure budget goals are met.
- Ensure store is properly staffed during hours of operation.
- Manage retail store interface with the transportation department to ensure efficient flow of product/salvage/trash.
- Ensure that store housekeeping, safety and security is maintained, reporting all needed repairs/problems/hazards immediately.
- Ensure timely placement/display of inventory onto sales floor, following defined procedures.
- Ensure that clients assigned to the store are trained according to program parameters.
- Supervise staff, including the selection, promotion, demotion, discipline/termination, training (including safety) performance appraisal and salary recommendations for staff, according to Company policy.
- Complete and submit required paperwork to ensure proper administration of established systems. Process payroll for employees, maintaining confidentiality in this and all other personnel related functions and procedures.
- Develop a safe work environment through training staff in safe work practices, communicating periodic safety information, and performing safety inspections.
Seeking strong, hands on, positive leaders with ability to manage a diverse workforce and customer base.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or equivalent.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Valid California Class C driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2+ years of Retail Store Management experience with volume of $4 million +